There's no guarantee with the weather, but...
August will be mostly hot and humid. An occasional shower or downpour could come without notice. You could find yourself in ankle deep water in a matter of minutes. Taking shelter for a few minutes until it passes is what the locals do. Umbrellas are plentiful for purchase or you may pack one of your own.
Prepare before you go:
- If you will not have phone or internet service while in Korea, you may want to screenshot important information from the website. Hotel address, our contact information, etc.
- Learn a few key Korean words and phrases.
- Light-weight breathable fabrics are best especially if you are not used to humid climates.
- Shoes or sandals that are comfortable for walking.
- An awesome Red Carpet outfit!
- Mosquito spray (pump bottle because aerosol is not accepted on flights).
- Towel for shower/swimming (Korean towels are typically about the size of western hand towels)
- Swim suit if you want to cool off.
- Casual clothing and comfy shoes.
- Light jacket for night time.